12 December 2008


I needed a vegetable side dish for my Moroccan-themed meal and found this recipe on Recipezaar.

Moroccan Carrots

Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp brown sugar
⅓ tsp ground cinnamon 
¼ tsp ground cumin
1 dash cayenne
1 ½ cups carrots, peeled and julienned (about ½ lb.)
⅓ cup orange juice
2 ½ tbsp dried currants, soaked in hot water
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Directions:
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat.
Reduce the heat to low, add the sugar, spices, and carrots and stir for a few minutes.
Add the orange juice and the currants with some of their soaking liquid; bring to a boil.
Quickly reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the carrots are tender.
Add pepper and adjust the seasoning to taste.

Makes 4 servings.

These were very good. I forgot about them as I was waiting for the glaze to reduce, so they got a bit dark on one side. But it didn't ruin them.

Interesting tidbit about this recipe: I found out when I reviewed it on recipezaar that the woman who originally posted it is a fellow LCMS pastor's wife! There were about four different Moroccan carrot recipes on that site that I was deciding between. What a coincidence that I would pick hers!

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment