18 March 2011


This is the dessert I made on St. Patrick's Day. I'm not usually a fan of frosted brownies (they remind me of school cafeterias), but the only irish cream brownie recipes I could find had frosting. I got this recipe from Food.com.

Irish Cream Brownies

Ingredients:
1 box brownie mix
¾ cup irish cream, divided
½ cup oil
2 eggs
½ cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar

Directions:
Heat oven to 350°. Grease the bottom of a 9x13” baking dish.

In a large bowl, combine brownie mix, ½ cup irish cream, oil, and eggs. Beat 50 strokes with a spoon and spread in greased pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Do not over bake. Cool completely.

In a small bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar and remaining ¼ cup irish cream. Add more irish cream if too thick. Spread over cooled brownies.

Makes 20 brownies.


They aren't very pretty, but they taste pretty darn good. I don't think I had ever actually had irish cream before. I've had irish cream flavored coffee creamer, but not the real thing. I didn't buy the Bailey's; it was too expensive. I found another brand (still imported from Ireland), for about half the price.

The original recipe called for a chocolate drizzle on top, but I didn't think it was necessary. They're pretty rich enough as it is!

I made these after enjoying a lovely dinner of corned beef and cabbage.

Tagged: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment