29 March 2007

The other day I was trying to recall a meal I made for a dinner party over a year ago. I know that it had some kind of Greek element, that I made a Greek salad to go along with it, and that everyone loved it. But what was the main dish? No matter how hard I tried to remember, it wouldn't come back to me.

That's when I thought, "Hey, I should keep some sort of cooking journal of what I have made and how it turned out." I have notebooks scattered around with recipes jotted down and ingredients crossed out and stuff written in the margins about how I would do it differently next time. Why not go electronic?



Viola, Edesia's Notebook was born. Here I will post what I have been cooking. Messes, successes, interesting food finds, and recipes for my homemade concotions (that I never seem to remember later.) It's to help me in my cooking journey.

I consider myself to be a beginner cook. I really got into cooking about a year and a half ago. I don't cook anything too fancy, just simple dishes with few ingredients. I like to cook things that are fast and easy, but lend themselves to creativity.



"So, what's with the name?" you ask. Edesia is the Roman Goddess of the Feast who presides over banquets. She ensured that the feast went well and the food was excellent. Her name comes from the Latin verb edes, "to eat" or "to consume." Feasting was considered a magical and important act by the Romans deserving of its own goddess. {This information was taken from the Obscure Goddess Online Dictionary.}


I hope you find something interesting here. Please feel free to comment; I'd love to hear what you have been cooking as well.



Happy cooking!

Tagged:

3 comments:

  1. hello you.
    This is awesome. I tried your slow cooker lamb recipe and it turned out really well.. I served it with your cilantro rice recipe. THANK YOU.
    You should also check out this website, I use it a lot to play around with items. http://stephaniesmommybraininthekitchen.blogspot.com

    The lady is a domestic goddess, its sickening. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to have dinner with you at my Son's house last night and LOVED your 3 chip bar dessert. I am now a follower! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete