20 June 2008

We eat a lot of salmon, and I have been looking for different ways to prepare it. I like to marinate it in different marinades and bake it. We tried grilling it, but that didn't work out so well because it falls apart too easily. Last week I remembered a packet I had in the pantry. It's A Taste of Thai Spicy Peanut Bake. It's really easy to do; you simply coat the salmon (or chicken or whatever) in this peanutty coating and bake it for 20-25 minutes (4-6 oz. salmon fillet.) It's really good. Kind of sweet, kind of spicy.



So then I needed some kind of side dish to go with it. I created this recipe all on my own. It can be made with rice noodles (which would make it more authentically Asian), but I don't care for them too much.


Asian Noodles
Ingredients:
4 oz. vermicelli (angel hair pasta)
2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
¼ tsp ground ginger (can use fresh if you have it)
¼ tsp minced garlic
¼ tsp spicy peanut sauce (add more if you like it spicier)
1 tbsp sesame seeds

Directions:
Boil pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain. While pasta is cooking, combine soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and peanut sauce in a large bowl. Whisk together until combined.

Drain pasta well and add to dressing bowl. Turn pasta in the dressing until evenly coated. Add sesame seeds and toss to evenly distribute.

Makes 4 servings.

Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories: 112
Fat/Sat. Fat: .5/0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 300
Fiber: 1
Protein: 4

This picture doesn't show the sesame seeds because I didn't have any the night I took this picture. They kind of a nice touch, I think.
This meal is great because of the way the saltiness of the soy sauce balances out the sweetness of the spicy peanut coating.
Now Jim asks for this meal once a week.

Tagged: , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment