09 January 2010


I got this recipe from Food Network Magazine. It's simple, yet tasty. Fresh broccoli tossed with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and roasted in the oven. Here's how I will make it next time:

Parmesan Broccoli

Ingredients:
1 head fresh broccoli, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup breadcrumbs
¼ cup parmesan

Directions:
Preheat a baking sheet on the lower rack in a 450° oven. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan. Toss broccoli with olive oil and then the breadcrumb mixture. Place on the hot baking sheet and top with more cheese and breadcrumbs; roast until golden, 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.

Makes 4 servings.


The original recipe called for boiling the broccoli in salted water with sliced garlic before roasting. I made it that way last night and it came out mushy. We like our broccoli with a little bit of bite to it, so this was too mushy for us. Next time I make it, I will cut out the boiling and roast it fresh. That's usually how I roast veggies: asparagus, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and broccoli. I don't see the need to boil first.

Oh, and I forgot to preheat the baking sheet. I'm not sure what difference this makes.

Last night I served this with another new recipe: Sweet Potato Pork Chops with Citrus Gravy. It made a wonderful meal.



Tagged:

0 comments:

Post a Comment