24 March 2011


This is a soup I've been making for a while now, but never got around to blogging about. I started with this recipe on food.com, and changed it quite a bit to better suit my tastes.


Slow Cooker Italian Beef & Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
½ onion, chopped
2 cups matchstick carrots
1 zucchini, cut into ½” crescents
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
½ head cabbage, chopped
4 cups chicken or beef stock
1 tsp salt

Directions:
Saut̩ the ground beef with the onion until the ground beef is cooked through. Drain off any grease. Place all ingredients in slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low for 6 Р7 hours.

Makes 8 servings.


Not much to say about this soup except that it's yummy. It makes a lot, so I usually freeze some for later. The last time I made some, I gave some leftovers to my sister (she likes to have soup for lunch at work). She wasn't sure she was going to like it, because she's not a huge fan of cooked cabbage, but she really enjoyed it. The cabbage is cooked, but it still has some bit to it; it's not completely limp. So even if you're not that into cabbage, give it a try.

Tagged: , , , ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment